I have yet to find a better title for this dish but this is where I first found it, originally by chef Rahat from Rahat Cooking. I changed the recipe as the original one calls for cream, coconut powder, extra julian ginger and more yogurt. I made it without that and it turned out delicious. Also note that I am using twice as much chicken as the original recipe which is why I doubled some of the ingredients. This dish is one of my favorites!! Hope you all enjoy it.
- Chicken – 1 kg boneless or with bone
- Onions chopped – the amount depends on how small or big the onions are. I used 4 small ones, or 2 big ones.
- Oil – 6 tablespoons
- Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste- 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes – 3
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- White Zeera (cumin) – crushed, 2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Sookhi methi (dry Fenugreek leaves) – 2 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour – 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili pepper – 3 whole, or if it’s crushed then 1 spoon
- Salt- to taste (I put 1 and 1/2 regular spoons)
- Wash chicken 🙂
- Cook onions in the oil until they are golden brown.
- Add in your chicken
- Add in garlic, ginger, and red chili powder and mix well. Wait for a minute or two.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well
- Cook until the tomatoes form a thick sauce
- Add 1 cup yogurt, black pepper powder, garam masala, and crushed zeera
- Cover and cook until chicken is almost done.
- Add in sookhi methi, green chili, and flour and stir well.
- Add in salt and cook until chicken is done.
Note: If the sauce is too thick add in 1/2 cup of milk.
Bon Appétit 🙂